How to Control Your Thoughts? Marisa Peer’s Rules Of The Mind
Posted on March 20th 2019 | By Marisa Peer
Want to learn how to control your thoughts and change negative thinking into positive? Learn how to do it by understanding how our mind works and what are the rules of the mind.
When I was training to be a therapist, I was challenged when I was told, “The mind is really complicated and very complex. It takes a lifetime to understand and to master.” I immediately thought, “Well, how is that going to work then? No one has got a lifetime to master their mind. What’s the point of being 80 years old before you can finally work out your mind?”
I don’t know about you, but I’m much more interested in getting results. I have spent over thirty years studying the mind, applying leading principles with thousands of clients, and now I share what I have learnt so that everyone can benefit from it. Understanding how your mind works and applying these mind hacks will enable you to achieve lasting transformational change in your life.
That is why I created Rapid Transformational Therapy® (RTT®) as a complete solution-based treatment, to bring together the most beneficial principles from neuroscience, NLP, CBT, Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. I am honoured that my simple steps to produce dramatic and life-changing results have helped so many people and have been recognised with numerous international awards and accolades. I am excited to be part of reinventing the world of therapy, to help as many people as possible achieve freedom from any issue with instant and permanent results.
The simple truth is that the human mind has one simple job: to keep you alive as long as possible.
Your mind does what it thinks you want it to do and what it truly believes is in your best interest. To do that, your mind is hardwired to move you away from pain and towards pleasure. It is highly influenced by the words and pictures you put in your mind, loves what is familiar and prefers to avoid anything unfamiliar.
The most powerful potential on the planet comes from your mind.
Your words and thoughts are powerful and your mind is always listening. Every word you say and thought you think becomes a blueprint that your mind and body work to turn into reality. The strongest force in you is that you must act in a way that consistently matches your thinking.
Your mind does not know, and indeed it does not care if what you tell it is right or wrong, good or bad, true or false, helpful or very unhelpful – it just lets it in. Your mind’s job is to act on the words you tell it. If you want to learn how to control your thoughts and create the life you want, your job is to give your mind much more powerful, descriptive, and positive words.
Understand the rules of the mind so your mind works with you, not against you
I am a great believer that we can’t fix what we don’t understand. I see so many clients who try to battle their minds using sheer force or willpower. Equally, they try to punish their bodies and force them to act or look different. They try to force family members and their children to change using cajoling, bribes or punishment with little success and a lot of frustration.
You can’t fight your wiring, but when you understand how and why your mind operates you can then work with it, instead of against it, to learn how to control your thoughts and get all the changes you want.
In this TEDx talk, I discuss how to collaborate with your mind for lifelong success. I explain how your potential expands as you move towards it and share a powerful technique on how to wire your mind for outstanding success.
Want to Know How to Control Your Thoughts? Learn The Rules of Your Mind
As you read through the rules of your mind, you will see how your mind works and how to control your thoughts and make your mind work for you, rather than against you.
- Your every thought and word form a blueprint that your mind and body work to make your reality.
- The strongest force in humans is that we must act in a way that consistently matches our thinking.
- Every thought you think causes a physical reaction and an emotional response within you.
- Imagination is more powerful than knowledge when dealing with your own mind or the mind of others.
- In a battle between emotion and logic, emotion always wins.
- Your mind always does what it thinks you want it to do.
- Your mind works to move you from pain to pleasure.
- Your mind is hardwired to resist what is unfamiliar and to return to what is familiar.
- Your mind responds to the pictures you construct and the words you tell yourself.
- Your mind does not care if what you tell it is good, bad, true, false, healthy unhealthy, or right or wrong, it accepts and acts on your words regardless.
- You make your beliefs then your beliefs make you then the universe makes those beliefs real.
- What you present to your mind, your mind will present back to you.
- When dealing with the subconscious mind, the greater the conscious effort, the less the subconscious responds.
- The mind cannot hold conflicting beliefs or thoughts they cancel each other out.
- Your mind can only work in the present tense.
- Your mind does not recognise neutral words like don’t, can’t, no, not, later. maybe, tomorrow.
- Your mind can only respond to words that make pictures, the more vivid the picture, the more powerful the response.
- Your mind responds better to positive words and to specific detailed dynamic words and instructions.
- The mind learns by repetition.
- What is expected tends to be realised.
- Whatever you focus on, you get more of.
In my BRAND NEW MASTERCLASS: on How Rapid Transformational Therapy™ Method Will Help You Become An In-Demand Therapist Capable of Transforming ‘Any’ Client. I go into much more detail about how to control your thoughts and how the mind works. Once you understand the rules of the mind it helps you work with your mind, to collaborate and achieve the results you most want, and also how to help others to overcome difficulties in their lives by learning a few simple principles and tools.
I believe that your mind can give you almost anything you desire if you first learn how to understand and dialogue with it. That’s why I developed Rapid Transformational Therapy® (RTT®), to help people achieve freedom from almost any issue and make life-changing transformational tools available to everyone.
Mastering your mind and learning how to control your thoughts doesn’t require a lifetime. I will share my many years of experience with you, in this special Masterclass. I hope you enjoy learning how to master your mind for permanent all pervasive success.