Marisa Peer’s Fat Burning Diet
“ Marisa Peer’s Fat Burning Diet… 10 lb in 10 days”
“ … 8lb in 7 days”
HERE IS THE DIET THAT DID IT:
Marisa Peer’s Fat Burning Diet
As the days get hotter and we peel off winter layers, one thing everyone wants is a flat belly and top dietician Marisa Peer says there’s still time.
“Every woman can get a flat belly following my simple steps. I can guarantee that you’ll look your best on the beach and you will never feel hungry. In just 10 days you can shed up to 10 pounds and get a bikini body to be proud of.”
Start following this simple plan now and watch the flab melt away and initiate weight loss….
How it Works with Marisa Peer’s Fat Burning Diet
The key to making your body a fantastic fat-burning machine is to avoid starchy carbohydrates because they make you cling on to fat reserves.
Our bodies were not designed to eat carbs and can do very well without them. Avoiding them for 10 “hard core” days is the key to weight loss.
You won’t feel hungry and the pounds will fall off. Starting with the weight on your stomach as this is where fat from carbs is stored. It helps to explain why beer drinkers and those who over-indulge in bread, pastries and pasta have a big tummy.
In America they call it a carb body. Carbs also cause huge bloating so in order to beat the bloat cut them out. The hormone insulin plays a vital part as its role is to store fat. It’s almost impossible to lose weight once you have eaten carbs because when you eat any starchy or sugary food your insulin levels go up.
For example if you eat carbs five times a day; cereal for breakfast, biscuit mid-morning, sandwich for lunch, another biscuit mid-afternoon, then potatoes or pasta with dinner; your body will be constantly cranking out insulin which makes it impossible to lose weight. People with weight problems have a problem with insulin and fat storage that their naturally skinny friends don’t.
It’s not fair but it’s better to accept this fact and work with it. Athletes load up on carbs precisely because the body stores them. Body-builders avoid them before competing so their body burns fat and their muscles are more defined. Protein is a building food. The body uses it to build muscle and bones. If you eat chicken and vegetables the body will use it rather than store it. If you eat pasta or risotto your body will store that for later and continue to store it as “later” never comes.
The body works harder to digest protein too by using up more calories and increasing your metabolic rate. Skinny people who can eat anything because they have a fantastic metabolism are a real minority. So you must avoid bread, pasta, noodles, rice, cake, pastry, biscuits and potatoes and anything with sugar in it.
You must also cut out dairy because lactose is milk sugar. Avoid salt too as it makes your body tissues store fluid. Cutting it out helps you on your way to a flat tum. After the 10 days you will find that limiting carbs or not eating them after lunch is the secret to keeping the weight off. But remember no booze as it’s full of sugar.
It may seem daunting at first but remind yourself that you have the rest of your life to eat, but right now, you want to drop 10lbs.
Stick to Marisa Peer’s Fat Burning Diet plan and you won’t feel hungry. There are no side-effects, no bad breath and no constipation.
Large enough meals to not feel hungry and don’t skimp on portions.
You should have a fist-sized amount of protein, 2-3 fistfuls of veggies, four of salad and a palm-sized amount of nuts at main meals.
Do drink green tea as it is proven to burn body fat, especially around the waist. If you don’t like the taste you can have capsules or try red bush tea (Rooibos), white tea and fruit teas – all without milk.
The aim is to burn fat. So cut carbs and get moving!
Anything late at night. Bread, pasta noodles, rice cakes, biscuits, potatoes, salt or sugar, dairy or processed food and remember no alcohol.
Choose a different breakfast, lunch and dinner each day from these menus and watch your belly shrink!
Breakfast every day
- Three eggs – either scrambled with olive oil or a three egg omelette cooked in oil. Remember no milk or butter. Add mushrooms, herbs, spinach or onions for flavour you can also add a little real ham, smoked salmon or prawns.
- Soya yogurt with a 10-15 almonds or a spoonful of seeds; sunflower, hemp, sesame or pumpkin (a dessert spoon size of mixed seeds and nuts) and add a teaspoon of cinnamon as it speeds up your metabolism
- Real Porridge Oats but add water instead of milk. As an alternative you could add a little soya or rice milk, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a few seeds or nuts to push up the protein. Use between 40 to 60g of oats mixed with a half to a third of a pint of water then use a little soya or rice milk to flavour . You must eat large enough portions to not feel hungry so don’t scrimp.
Lunch every day
- Salad made with 4-6oz of either fish, chicken, turkey or eggs (for vegetarians use 4oz of tofu and a fist sized amount nuts and seeds.) Use green salad vegetables like lettuce, celery, spinach, watercress, cucumber and add a little oil and vinegar for dressing. Always aim to have about 200 grams of canned tuna or salmon and at least 2 fistfuls of vegetables and 4 of salad.
- As a measure you should have a fist sized mount of protein, 2 -3 fist sized amount of vegetables, 4 fists of salad and a palm sized amount of nuts.
- Any kind of cooked protein with vegetables like chicken casserole, steak and veggies.
- Cooked ham or parma ham with peppers; 4- 6 0z of ham with 2 cooked or chopped peppers.
- Any Soup that is protein based like chicken and vegetables or lentil/pea and ham.
- Baked sweet potatoes or yams with a filling of tuna, tinned salmon or ham and sweet corn.
Mid Afternoon Snacks
- Soya yogurt with seeds or fruit.
- Endemame beans with a little light soya sauce.
- Hummus with raw vegetable; one fist sized amount of raw veggies with 20z of hummus.
- Handful of raw nuts.
- Green apple or pear.
- Half a punnet of strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.
- 2 sticks of celery dipped in a small amount of sugar free peanut butter.
- Chicken or turkey with roasted vegetables; onions, peppers, leeks, celery, mushrooms, garlic spring onions, scallions, spinach.
- Carb-free shepherd’s pie; mashed cauliflower made creamy with a little olive oil served with minced beef, lamb or turkey.
- Green or red peppers roasted and stuffed with minced turkey lamb or beef.
- Stir fried cod or salmon cooked with any green vegetables.
- Prawn omelette or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs served with green vegetables or a green salad.
- Frittata made with eggs, mushrooms, onions, peppers and parma ham.
- Cooked chicken portions served with stir fried cabbage spiced up with cardamom, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, ginseng and chilli as they speed up metabolism.
- You can cook quinoa which is a seed, not a starch, in place of rice or pasta with meat. A seed is a protein, like a nut, so it aids fat burning whereas pasta and rice adds fat because of starch and sugar.
- Organic vegetable pasta, not any other types, is almost starch free.
- DelUgo Spaghetti which is made from chickpeas is starch free.
Drink as much of these teas as you like:
- Green tea – it is proven to burn body fat, especially around the waist.
- White tea.
- Fruit teas.
- Add these spices to your food as they speed up your metabolism by 15% for up to six hours: cardamom, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, ginseng and chillies. Put a mixture in a little pot to carry with you and sprinkle onto food.
- Add z -sweet (from www.red23.co.uk) if you like sweet tea. You can also add it to yogurt or oats when you want something sweet.
- Use marigold, a delicious vegetable bullion, in place of salt because salt makes your tissues retain fluid and makes you look puffy.
- Remember to avoid cereals as they exist on the planet to fatten cattle but they also fatten humans. Instead you should snack on hummus, seeds or vegetables.
- Dairy is your enemy. The purpose of cow’s milk is to nourish calves through their biggest growth spurt and to give them a 300% weight gain within a year. Any food that can encourage a 300% weight gain is to be avoided like the plague. It can not be a coincidence that countries that do not consume dairy have the leanest people and countries where the most is consumed have the fattest people. Milk is designed to make you grow. The chemical and hormonal structure of milk stimulates huge growth in calves and they gain a kilo every day. Milk literally sends a message to their cells that says GROW. When adults drink cow’s milk it sends a similar message to their already fully grown bodies GROW! Cheese is a concentrated growth hormone.
SOME EXTRA TIPS
- Avoid processed food – it’s full of additives, which are proven to slow down the metabolism.
- 70% of the food we eat today is food our ancestors NEVER EVER ATE . Our bodies and our metabolism cannot adapt to the change.
- Eat from the 4 RS and you will eat food that your body can digest and burn off:
- Only eat food that grows or Roams – nothing processed or refined.
- Only eat food that you could eat Raw – you don’t have to eat it raw but if you could it is digestible.
- Only eat food that you Recognise as a natural food – margarine pretzels and donuts are not food
- Only eat food that Rots – if nature can’t break it down neither will your body.
- Never eat late at night.
Our bodies are still like those of cavemen. Primitive man got up with the light and retired as it got dark as there was nothing else to do. Eating too much and too late at night leaves our bodies full of undigested food. Our metabolism slows down dramatically at night even if we are wide awake because nature assumes we’re sleeping. Our heart rate slows down which makes digestion more difficult.
- Limit variety.
We need to eat a varied diet but too much variety at mealtimes causes overeating which causes weight gain. Too much variety makes us fat because we gain weight when our appetite drives us to eat too much so we don’t know when to stop. All humans have an inbuilt “sensory specific satiety” which means there is only so much of one food we can eat before we get bored and naturally stop eating.
I never thought I would promote fidgeting because I love calmness. But those who fidget, twiddle pens, tap their feet up and down, rotate their feet around, swing a crossed leg up and down or bounce their heels off the floor while queuing; burn more calories than calm individuals. Nervy types burn off more nervous energy. NEAT =Non-exercise-activity-thermogenesis, which is the name for continuous movement, can burn off 200 calories daily.
- Hot spices.
Can boost the rate at which calories are burnt by up to 15 per cent for a few hours after eating. Chilli’s speed up the metabolism and reduce hunger. South Americans have known for years that chillies reduce appetite. The herbs: cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, cardamom and ginseng can help to stimulate thermo genesis (heat generated by the body) and promote weight loss.
- Japanese Green Tea.
Speeds up the metabolism because it contains chemicals called methylxanthines which seem to boost metabolism and burn fat more rapidly. The American journal of clinical nutrition showed that catechins in Green tea can reduce your waist circumference and get rid of abdominal fat by boosting your metabolism. If you don’t like the taste you can buy it in capsules instead.
- Eat Lean Protein.
Eat fish, chicken, lentils, meat, nuts and eggs. Have some protein at every meal. The body works hard to properly digest protein and the more effort and longer you put into digesting protein the more calories your body uses up. This increases your metabolic rate. Lean protein has 2-3 times the thermic effect of carbs or fat meaning it elevates your metabolism by up to 10% more than when carbs or fat are eaten.
Something to do every day to ensure you stay on a healthy eating track:
- Have half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon daily as it greatly reduces sugar cravings and it lowers sugar levels in the blood.
- Drink green tea. It reduces stomach fat and speeds up your metabolism. The American journal of clinical nutrition showed that green tea is rich in catechins (natural plant chemicals) which can reduce your waist circumference and abdominal fat as well as increase metabolism.
- Keep a packet of unsalted almonds in your handbag so you always have something healthy to snack on.
Something to do every week:
- Stock up on some portable foods the NUMBER 1 reason that diets fail is because people eat on the run or get hungry when there is no healthy food available.
- Keep your desk drawer car or locker stocked up with healthy nuts and seeds and some foil pouches or ring pull cans of tuna salmon or mackerel then whenever you can’t get healthy food you can make something nutritious, filling and healthy that will sustain you all day and is a million times better than a sandwich and packet of crisps.
“Now I have a bikini body”
41-year-old Jacqueline Herbert, who lives with husband John who’s 43 and 12-year-old daughter Morgan in Wickford, Essex, has lost five-and-a-half stone on Marisa’s plan!
“I’d been overweight since my teens and tried every diet going. While I managed to lose a stone or so each time, I always put it back on – usually with more to follow.
At my heaviest, in my early 20s, I was 14-and-a-half stone and wore a size 20. I’m only five foot one so I didn’t carry the weight well. After I had my daughter Morgan, the weight kept creeping on.
So when a friend told me about Marisa’s scheme I thought I’d try it. As soon as I started following the plan, the weight began to drop off. I lost two stone in the first two months and by the end of six months, I’d lost another two.
I’m now nine stone – my dream weight. My stomach is unbelievably flat and I wear a bikini on my holidays – something I thought I’d never do. The plan is easy to stick to as well. I eat so much of the allowed foods that I never feel hungry. I have cut wheat out of my diet entirely and I don’t miss it at all. I have retrained my tastebuds. This is my way of life now – and I’m much happier.”
Tips to make it easier
Once you’ve used the menu plan below for 10 days, stick to these tips to maintain your new, fab weight – and stop the pounds creeping back on.
- Eat hot spices: they can boost calorie burning by up to 15 per cent. Chillies speed up metabolism and reduce hunger. Herbs: cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, cardamom and ginseng generate body heat and promote weight loss.
- Use Marigold bouillon: It’s a healthier vegetable alternative to salt.
- Dairy is your enemy: Cow’s milk is to nourish calves and gives them a 300 per cent weight gain in a year. Milk literally sends a message to cells that says GROW! Fully-grown human cells get a similar message. And cheese is a concentrated growth hormone.
- Avoid processed food: It’s full of additives which slow the metabolism: Our ancestors didn’t eat 70 per cent of what we do today. Our bodies and metabolism can’t adapt. Only eat food you recognise as a natural – your body can digest it and burn it off. And that doesn’t include margarine, pretzels and doughnuts! Ideally, eat only food that grows or roams: nothing processed or refined.
- Never eat late at night: Primitive man got up at dawn and retired as it got dark. Eating too late leaves our bodies full of undigested food. Our metabolism slows down dramatically at night even if we are awake because nature assumes we’re sleeping. Our heart-rate slows down and digestion is more difficult.
- Keep NEAT: That means non-exercise activity-thermogenesis. Continuous movement can burn off 200 calories a day. Those who fidget, twiddle pens, tap or rotate their feet, swing a crossed leg or bounce on their heels off the floor burn more calories.
- Go nuts: Keep a packet of unsalted almonds in your handbag so you always have something healthy to snack on.
- Eat linseeds: They’re great for boosting metabolism.
Marisa Peer’s Fat Burning Diet Recipes -Weight Loss
½ cup olive oil.
¼ cup balsamic vinegar.
1/8 teaspoon coriander.
2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes.
tomatoes peppers cucumber spring onions.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, and coriander
In a medium bowl, place all the remaining ingredients. Whip the dressing ingredients together with a fork, and then pour over the chicken mixture. Gently toss and refrigerate until served.
Teriyaki Turkey or beef
1 1/4 pounds turkey pieces
5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (sugar free)
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon (or more to taste) low sugar or sugar free Hot Chili Sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey (1/2 at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove turkey from the wok. Toss turkey with the peanut butter mixture to coat. Sprinkle with chopped cucumber.Cut turkey into 1/8 inch thick strips. In medium bowl, combine turkey and 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce; toss to coat. Then in small bowl, combine remaining 3 tbsp. teriyaki sauce, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon water, ginger and hot chili sauce.
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1/2 lb ground turkey minced
1 tablespoon light mustard
2 (10 1/2 ounce) canned tomatoes
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sugar free sweetcorn
Fresh ground pepper
1. Remove the tops of peppers and remove seeds and core.
2. Arrange in crock pot so that they’re standing upright.
3. In mixing bowl, combine turkey, onion, corn, 1 can of tomatoes.
4 Spoon mixture into peppers, pressing down to fill completely (may overload a bit at the tops).
5. Combine the other can of tomatoes with soya and light mustard.
6. Spoon mixture over the peppers.
7. Add pepper to taste.
8. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
Tomatoes, onions, zucchini, eggplants, peppers and herbs.
It can be served with tofu chicken or turkey
finely minced garlic
1 cup chopped onions
1 large abuergine
3 medium courgettes
2 large green peppers
1 teaspoon dried oregano
tablespoon fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
fresh ground pepper
1. Heat oil in large pan and cook garlic and onions until tender.
2. Cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
3. Add the eggplant, zucchini, pepper,oregano, parsley and stir well.
4. Saute for about 5 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, cover and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes.
6. Serve hot or cover mixture and refrigerate to serve chilled.
Nutritional information per serving: 113 calories, 0.9g fat, 9.5g fibre.
Steamed fish with Mediterranean vegetables and aioli
4 x firm white fish fillets e.g. haddock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic , crushed
2 red peppers, sliced into strips
2 courgettes cut into matchsticks
2 tomatoes skinned and chopped
few thyme leaves
1tbsp balsamic vinegar
garlic mayonnaise : 2 cloves garlic crushed
2 egg yolks
200 ml olive oil
100ml sunflower oil
3tbsp lemon juice
To make the garlic mayonnaise: put the garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Start whisking, and very slowly start adding the oils a little at a time, whisking all the time, until the mixture starts to thicken. Do this until all the oils are used up. Add the lemon juice and check the seasoning.
Using the 2tbs olive oil, sauté the onion, garlic, peppers and courgettes gently for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add the tomatoes and thyme leaves and cook for another 8-10 minutes, adding the vinegar after 5 minutes. Season.
Meanwhile season the fish fillets as required, place on the steam grid and add water to the bottom part of the steamer or steam in the pan.
Cover with the lid and set the weight of the fish on the controls. Start the steam function.
Finally serve the fish with vegetables and mayonnaise.